First. Finest. Forever.
On May 15, 1851, Eugenia Tucker Fitzgerald and five of her closest friends founded the Adelphean Society, which later became Alpha Delta Pi, and the first secret society for women.
Founded in Macon, Georgia, the members selected the official colors of Azure Blue for friendship, white for truth, and the official flower, the Woodland Violet. They also chose their open motto: "We Live for Each Other."
In 1906, the design of the current diamond-shaped badge with two stars and clasped hands was selected, and in 1919, the present crest design, including a lion, was approved at the Grand Convention. The Zeta Rho chapter of Alpha Delta Pi was established at Vanderbilt University in 1978. Nationally, Alpha Delta Pi is ranked in the top ten for the most active members.
Inquiries can be addressed to our chapter president:
Alpha Delta Pi
attn: Stephanie Turrentine
2410 Vanderbilt Pl
Nashville, TN 37212